At the Connacht Hospitality Group our Company values are the central, underlying philosophies that guide our business and our team. We ask that you embrace these, as they are how we make sure each and every member of your team knows what’s expected of them and how they can succeed. These 5 core values give us our framework for leadership and daily decisions and help us enjoy our time at work.
Narrative: To be a leader in hospitality in Ireland, we will ensure that our customers get a consistently great service every time – and at every touchpoint.
To do that, we put the customer at the heart of all decision-making and we are always striving to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Put the customer first every time, for example, prioritise customer emails and phone calls.
- Act urgently on customer promises.
- Before making any changes or decisions, ask ‘What will the impact be on our customer?’
- Always treat customers at least as well as you would wish to be treated yourself.
- Ensure everything you do makes life better for the customer.
- Spend time building great relationships so that you really understand what your customers want.
- Be courteous, efficient and adaptable to customer needs.
- Good service is a basic standard, but wows come from hospitable experiences.
SHOW & EARN RESPECT
Narrative: To be an employer of choice, we will engage with our own people by treating them with dignity and respect. We will reward and recognise everyone’s contribution … and support and challenge their growth.
To get respect, we must show respect. We encourage empathy, honesty, integrity and transparency.
- Be friendly and positive with each other.
- Treat colleagues in a way that we ourselves like to be treated.
- Speak in a tone that you yourself would find acceptable.
- Show respect and humility, give credit where it’s due.
- Listen to others and challenge respectfully.
- Recognise and celebrate individual and team effort.
- Be well prepared for your day’s work, be on time for meetings.
- Recognise when colleagues need help and proactively offer support and encouragement.
- Be mindful of diversity and treat everyone with equal respect.
Narrative: Large organisations like ours must resist falling into silos. We will consult and include all relevant partners, sharing and learning and working together. Hospitality is a team sport.
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
- Consult others in advance, when appropriate.
- Collaborate across teams, finding solutions together.
- Offer proactive support, don’t wait to be asked.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Participate actively in team meetings and calls.
- Inform relevant parties of any changes throughout the day.
- Great customer experience may well be delivered on-stage, but that requires great support from backstage.
- When a crisis occurs, it’s all hands on deck.
- Celebrate achievements.
- Support each other by creating an encouraging, caring & supportive environment.
SAY IT, DO IT
Narrative: This is a fast-moving industry where successful organisations are agile and move at pace. This requires support from all the team and a positive, can-do approach.
To do that we will be personally accountable for what we do and for on-time delivery.
- Do what you said and agreed that you’d do.
- Meet your deadlines and deliver on your promises.
- Learn from mistakes.
- Take responsibility for making things happen.
- Be accountable for your role and your actions, and those of your team.
- Prioritise workload in line with business goals.
- Keep pace and develop a sense of urgency.
Narrative: We are entrepreneurs with a proud disruptive spirit. We will continue to innovate, improve our quality and grow. To do that we will push hard to grow our group, our teams and our individuals.
Fresh eyes are the best eyes, we are always looking for new ideas to improve.
- Always look for ways to improve the quality of our service.
- Be innovative with new ideas, products and services.
- Feel safe to try new things and push the boundaries of our thinking, and put forward new ideas.
- Embrace commercial targets.
- Be proactive, look out for opportunities to grow profitable sales.
- Develop a sense of urgency, don’t let competitors eat our lunch.